We provide The Sites to support our mission of providing leadership in creating better understanding, prevention and care in addictions and mental illness. To that end, we provide information to the public and professionals that is accessible, current at the time of posting and reliable; however, The Sites makes no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, quality, completeness, timeliness, appropriateness or sustainability of the Content (as defined below). The Sites assumes no obligation to update the Content or advise on further developments concerning the topics mentioned in the Content. You acknowledge that The Sites, the Content, and each website service are provided on an “AS IS” basis; and that any use of or reliance on this Site or any Content shall be at your sole risk.
Ownership and Permitted Use
The Sites owns all of the copyright in all of the content provided on this Site, including its postings, messages, text, graphics, images, and other material contained on The Sites (the “Content”) unless otherwise specifically noted. Your use of The Sites does not transfer to you any ownership or other rights in The Sites or its Content. Users of The Sites are granted a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use (display or print) the Content for lawful, personal non-commercial use only provided the Content is not modified, and all copyright and other proprietary notices are retained. You may not otherwise copy, publish, reproduce, modify, upload, post, transmit or distribute any of the Content in any manner or form without the prior consent of an authorized representative of The Sites. Certain words, phrases, names, designs or logos used on The Sites may constitute trademarks, service marks or trade names of The Sites or other entities. No rights are granted to Users of this Site in or to such trademarks, service marks or trade names.
“Use” of The Sites collectively includes:
- visiting or using The Sites including without limitation to use access, or download, text, data, images, PDFs, videos, learning modules, newsletters, articles, illustrations, animations, games, views, opinions or other materials, including materials submitted by you or other users; and/or
- visiting or using The Sites including without limitation to submit, post or upload your images, text, data, illustrations, animations or other Submitted Content to The Sites.
You acknowledge that all information, text, images, audio, video, designs, names, logos, trademarks, data, code or other information, material or content submitted by any user including yourself, whether publicly or privately posted, emailed, transmitted, uploaded or otherwise submitted to us via this Site or one of our social media channels (collectively “Submitted Content”) is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. You acknowledge and agree that you are entirely responsible for all of your Submitted Content that you post, email, transmit, upload or otherwise submit via this Site and/or pursuant to the services we make available via this site (the “Services”), including without limitation the accuracy of the Submitted Content. We do not control the Submitted Content posted via The Sites and, as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Submitted Content. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any loss, damage or injury related to, or arising as a result of, any use of any Submitted Content, including but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Submitted Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Submitted Content posted, e-mailed, transmitted, uploaded or otherwise submitted via a Service.
Please be aware that what is posted online can remain online for many years to come. The Sites may use public comments posted on The Sites or otherwise posted on The Sites’ public social media pages. We encourage you to exercise caution when speaking about your medical condition. Please do not disclose personal information such as medical records, your location, financial information, etc.
The views and opinions expressed on The Sites’ social media pages reflect the thoughts of the online users and not necessarily those of The Sites.
You agree not to post, email, transmit, upload or otherwise submit any Submitted Content that:
- is offensive as determined by The Sites, in our sole discretion, including, without limitation, content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of or harm to another person;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- promotes information that is false, misleading, illegal or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party including, without limitation, promoting an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information);
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes, without our prior written consent; and
- contains or will contain any disabling mechanism or protection feature designed to prevent its use, including any clock, timer, counter, computer virus, worm, software lock, drop dead device, Trojan horse routine, trap door, time bomb or any other codes, designs, routines or instructions that may be used to access, modify, replicate, distort, delete, damage or disable the Content, any Services or this Site and any world wide web pages or any operating system software or hardware on which such Content, Service or Site is operated or displayed except as specifically designed into the Content.
The Sites shall have the right to remove any Submitted Content that violates the above terms and conditions or is otherwise objectionable, in The Sites’ sole and unfettered discretion. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. You acknowledge and agree that we may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, enforce these Terms, respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties, or protect our rights, property, or personal safety and those of our users and/or the public.
The Sites (which term includes the members, staff and agents) uses social media, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn, to share information about our activities and information that may be of interest to clients and/or the public.
- The views of users posting/commenting on our Social Media Platforms do not necessarily reflect the opinions and position of The Sites.
- With a view to protecting the privacy of staff, associates, as well as the privacy of their clients, The Sites will endeavour to remove any posts, tweets, comments, messages, captions, photos, videos, and/or other social media content or materials (“Social Media Content”) containing an individual’s personal information. Personal information includes information about an identifiable individual, such as an individual’s name, address, birth date, gender, social status, and disciplinary action.
- “Likes”/retweets/favourites/shares, etc. from The Sites are NOT an endorsement or recommendation of The Social Media Content. Any Social Media Content that is not posted by The Sites is the opinion of the author, not The Sites.
- Links to any third-party websites or content (e.g. via articles or stories) are NOT an endorsement or recommendation by The Sites of the linked Social Media Content. The Sites do not control or maintain such Social Media Content.
- Your use of any of our Social Media Platforms, including, without limitation, posted or linked Social Media Content, is entirely at your own risk. Private information (about you or anyone else) and confidential matters should never be posted on or linked through social media. The Sites do not make, and expressly disclaims, any representations, warranties or covenants, express or implied, relating to the Social Media Platforms or any Social Media Content thereon.
- The Sites may (but is not required to) monitor (to a limited degree and not at all times) our Social Media Platforms. The Sites reserve the right (but is not required) to edit, to move or to remove all or any portion of any Social Media Content for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the preceding, this applies to Social Media Content that is:
- Racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, libelous, insulting or threatening.
- Aggressive, harassing, coarse, violent, obscene or pornographic.
- Offensive, rude, abusive, or otherwise inappropriate.
- Repetitive or spamming.
- Put forward for advertising purposes, such as promoting services or products.
Not Medical Advice
The Content of The Sites are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. You should always seek the immediate or timely advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or seen on the Website, including the Content as described above.
Not Emergency or Crisis Care
The Website is not for emergency or crisis help. If you require emergency help, contact your local emergency services: in Ontario, you can call 911 or go to your local hospital emergency room. A list of crisis resources is also available here.
This Site may contain links to other websites that are not under the ownership or operation of The Sites. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies. If you use these sites, you do so at your own risk. Downloading material from certain sites may risk infringing intellectual property rights or introducing viruses into your computer system. You should take notice when you leave this Site and read the privacy policies and terms of these other sites. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any website which appears or claims that it is one of our sites (including those linked to through an email).
Names, graphics, visual identity and word-marks
The names, graphics, visual identity and word-marks on this site are the exclusive property of The Sites and may not be copied, imitated or used in whole or in part without the prior written consent of The Sites.
The following information addresses privacy as it relates to users of The Sites. Learn about our commitment to protecting the personal information of our patients and clients and our privacy practices here.
We are committed to maintaining the privacy of all individuals who use the Sites. We value your trust and understand that this requires that we be transparent and accountable about how we handle the information you choose to share with us. We do not trade, rent or sell the information of The Sites users.
Personal Information we collect and how we use it
No personal information (which means personally-identifiable information including, without limitation, name, street address, telephone number, screen name and email address) about you is collected from use of The Sites unless specifically and clearly requested, and only when you provide it voluntarily. It is The Sites’ policy that personal information of the users of the Sites is private and confidential. In order to prevent unauthorized access and ensure proper use of your personal information, we have developed electronic and managerial procedures to secure information provided online (see below for more details on how we protect your information). Any personal information you provide is stored in a secure location accessible only by designated staff.
The Sites provides you with the opportunity to receive communications from us in the form of newsletters or event information. You can sign up for a free email newsletter. You can unsubscribe from this newsletter at any time. Personal information that has been provided by users is only used for the express purpose for which it was collected unless the user specifically agrees to the use of the personal information for additional purposes. For example, if you choose to sign up for newsletters or an event, you are voluntarily providing us with personal information and will be agreeing to our use of that information for those purposes at the time of registering.
Email communications that you send to us via the email links on The Sites may be shared with the appropriate staff to address your inquiry. We make every effort to respond in a timely fashion once communications are received. Once we have responded to your communication, it is discarded or archived, depending on the nature of the inquiry. The email functionality on our site does not provide a completely secure and confidential means of communication. It is possible that your email communication may be accessed or viewed by another internet user while in transit to us. If you wish to keep your communication private, do not use the email function on The Sites.
The web servers we use automatically collect information including but not limited to the internet protocol (IP) address of the computers that access The Sites, browser type and the pages viewed on The Sites. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you access the internet. It is not truly personally identifiable information because many different individuals can access the internet via the same computer. We use this information in aggregate form to understand how our site is used and how we can better serve visitors.
Cookies and Google Analytics
Similar to many websites, The Sites uses digital cookies (small pieces of information that are stored on hard drives of your computer, which allow us to “remember” information about your preferences and allow you to move within areas of our site quickly and easily) to gather trend data concerning traffic on The Sites for statistical analysis. We also anonymously capture information about how users interact with The Sites and what pages they visit. This information is used for auditing, tracking and targeted marketing purposes and to improve the Content of The Sites. The data we collect is used both collectively and individually for website research to create a better experience for the users of The Sites. This information may be linked to you or your internet provider address. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of The Sites.
Program and Event Registration
The Sites include online forms that allow users to register for events. By voluntarily providing us with personal information in connection with program/event registration, you are deemed to have consented to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for registering you. You are also deemed to consent to being added to our contact database to receive news of our activities and to solicit further participation in events. You are given an opportunity to request that we no longer send you information. If you do not wish to receive any communications from The Sites regarding our activities, you may let us know at any point by contacting us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or +14164072086.
Online registrations held by The Sites may be processed through a third party. When you register for any of The Sites’ events/programs that is processed through a third party, we provide your personal information to the third party that is organizing this event to facilitate your registration. The third-party will use your personal information only as required for event purposes.
Protecting Your Information
All information provided to The Sites over The Sites is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We use password protocols and secure websites to protect personal information transmitted or stored electronically. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the internet is 100 per cent secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information during transmission.
As a user of The Sites who has provided personal information to The Sites, you can have access to your personal information for the purposes of correcting or updating any of your personal information or to delete the personal information you provided on The Sites from our records. To do so, please contact The Sites’ Information and Privacy Office (details below).
Questions or concerns regarding the handling of personal information may be directed to our
If you identify any error on The Sites or any material that you consider to be inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, please immediately email us at email@example.com and we will take such action as we in our absolute discretion see fit.
You will abide by all policies for The Sites, as well as all applicable laws (including provincial and federal laws of Canada); You will limit The Sites’ liability by agreeing that The Sites will not be responsible for any specific level of service, but, rather will provide service on an “as is, where is” basis; and You acknowledge that The Sites may suspend provision of the Website without prior notice.
The Sites are Canadian websites and its content is intended for Canadian residents only. The laws of the Province of Ontario shall govern this agreement and any dispute or claim based on your use of The Sites or the Information and Content. You agree that any action or proceeding related to this agreement or your use of The Sites shall only be brought by you in the courts of the Province of Ontario.